Please note: The Registered Nurse position is for candidates who have prior experience working in the area of mental health.
F/T Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) RN works with a multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive community-based care management and clinical services to individuals with schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, or bipolar disorder. This is a F/T position for 40 hours per week: Monday to Friday 8:00 to 4:30. Weekends and Major Holidays off.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes Person-Centered Practices in the development of recovery plans.
- Organizes and manages the system of medication delivery to the clients and medication administration under the direction of the ACT psychiatrist.
- Provides medication management and planning/coordination, including injectable medications, to clients who are in the community.
- Provides staff education to maintain familiarity with program policies and procedures regarding medication administration, management, and secure record storage.
- Provides on-call crisis intervention by covering nighttime hours and weekends on a rotating basis.
- Manages and assumes primary responsibility to an assigned number of clients.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in New York in conjunction with either an Associate’s, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license and own transportation.
- Prefer experience providing community-based services with a multidisciplinary team.
- Prefer practical experiences in a mental health clinical or rehabilitation setting.
- Multilingual a plus.
- Profit-Sharing Plan/401(k)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Leave
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Job Specific Trainings
Circare is a not for profit community-based agency located in Syracuse, New York. Circare supports individuals and their families who encounter barriers to their health and wellness, both physical and behavioral, to develop the resources to live a satisfying and naturally interdependent life. Our core value of providing person and family-centered services is embedded in all of our programs and promotes personal choice, respect for diversity, individuality, and community inclusiveness.
Circare expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Circare’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Applicants should submit a resume with a cover letter.
How To Apply