F/T Assisted Outpatient Treatment (AOT) Health Home Plus Care Manager to work with individuals recovering from serious mental health disorders who are returning to the community from the NYS Correctional system or the NYS Psychiatric Hospital system or are a participant in the Assisted Outpatient Treatment (AOT) program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will assist clients in becoming effectively and actively engaged in managing their healthcare to improve individual health outcomes while reducing avoidable hospitalizations and emergency department utilization.
- Will have overall responsibility for the HARP process including assessment, planning, and development of the Plan of Care, as well as monitoring ongoing HCBS Services.
- Will provide leadership by facilitating and leading multidisciplinary teams of medical, mental health, chemical dependency treatment providers, courts/legal entities, social workers, nurses, representatives of the Local Government Unit (LGU) as directed by the county AOT Coordinator and other care providers toward assuring enrollees receive services as indicated in the enrollee’s single plan of care.
- Will meet HARP assessor qualifications as required by DOH and attend required training to maintain credentials.
Skills required for competent performance of this job:
- Strong organizational skills;
- Good data management and utilization skills;
- Demonstrated experience in completing assessments and managing the HCBS workflows; and
- Good communication skills.
Background and experience required for competent performance of this job:
- A bachelor’s degree in one of the fields listed: Social work, psychology, nursing, rehabilitation, education, occupational therapy, physical therapy, recreation or recreation therapy, counseling, community mental health, child & family studies, sociology, speech/hearing, or other human service field. or
- NYS teacher’s certificate for which a bachelor’s degree is required;or
- NYS licensure and registration as a Registered Nurse and a bachelor’s degree; or
- A Bachelor’s level education or higher in any field with five years of experience working directly with persons with behavioral health diagnoses; or
- A Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC)
Two years of experience:
- Providing direct services to people with Serious Mental Illness, developmental disabilities, or alcoholism or substance abuse; or
- Linking individuals with Serious Mental Illness, developmental disabilities, or alcoholism or substance abuse to a broad range of services essential to successful living in a community setting (e.g. medical, psychiatric, social, educational, legal, housing and financial services). A master’s degree in one of the listed education fields may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Experience in the areas of criminal justice, homelessness, and chemical dependency a plus.
- Multilingual a plus
- Must have a valid Driver’s license and own transportation
UAS-NY Eligibility Assessment
Circare is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Profit Sharing Plan/401(k)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- EAP Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Leave
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Job Specific Trainings
- Flexible schedules for most positions
Circare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Circare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Circare expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Circare's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Applicants should submit a resume with a cover letter. EOE
How To Apply