F/T Employment Specialist will work in the Circare Vocational Services Program providing job development, job placement and job retention services to individuals who have experienced barriers to employment. In our Vocational Program Employment is the priority. Circare uses proven methods and evidence based practices provided in a person centered manner.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizes person centered planning principals to assist participant’s road to work and recovery.
- With recipient’s assistance, evaluate the psycho-social factors that enable success.
- Provides follow along supports to assist recipient’s development of a path to self sufficiency.
- Works within the Vocational Program Cluster of Services (EN/TTW, ACCES-VR, HCBS) to facilitate the movement of individuals interested in employment and/or education and assists them to achieve their vocational goals.
- Provides evaluations, assessments, job development, job placement, job retention, career counseling, and other supported employment/educational services to individuals interested in employment both on and off site to support the client as needed and desired.
- Develops a network of contacts with service providers such as college disability service offices, small business consultants, One Stop Centers, Educational Opportunity Centers, Community workforce development programs, State – Vocational Rehabilitation programs, Social Service Agencies, to facilitate delivery of resources to clients.
- Provides services to HARP eligible Home and Community Based Services clients within the Vocational service grouping.
- Works with other Employment Specialists across the community to educate employers and educational institutions about health, behavioral health, and integration.
- Bachelor’s Degree with one year of experience in a Human Services related field
- Must have a valid Driver’s license and own transportation
- Two years of experience working with people to overcome barriers to employment. One year experience providing job development, job placement and job retention services. Or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Knowledge of Social Security disability benefit programs
- Multilingual a plus
Open Until Position Is Filled