F/T Health Home Care Manager works with and oversees the process with individuals to develop and maintain a comprehensive plan for accessing and using services and supports necessary for a person’s health.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Assures that Health Home (HH) enrollees receive needed medical, behavioral, and social services with the overarching goal of improving individual health outcomes
- Assumes overall responsibility and accountability for coordinating all aspects of the individual’s care
- Provides Care Management Services at various Community locations and Member’s homes
- Leads multidisciplinary teams of medical, mental health, chemical dependency treatment providers, social workers, nurses and other care providers toward assuring enrollees receive services
- Explores with the enrollees their immediate needs and their longer term goals and vision for their recovery
- Assesses needs, monitors progress with enrollee/legal representative and care team, modifies or updates the care plan or goals
- Assists in scheduling and keeping appointments, advocates and arranges for needed services and monitors delivery of services
- Evaluates care needs at transitions, arranges safe transition plans, updates care team, updates information with providers and care plans
- Activities including promoting self-management, facilitating family/legal representative meetings, seeking peer supports and educating enrollees of their rights
- Identifies community networks and supports that will be utilized to address needs
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or human services. Two (2) year’s experience in providing services to individuals diagnosed with a serious mental illness, a substance dependence, or chronic health conditions, OR
- CASAC. Two (2) years of experience in providing services to individuals with a substance dependence/co-occurring disorders, OR
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in ANY field with either: three (3) years of experience, or two (2) years of experience as a Health Home care manager serving the SMI or SED population
- Must have a valid Driver’s license and own transportation
- Multilingual a plus
Circare is an Equal Employment opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Profit Sharing Plan/401(k)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- EAP Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Leave
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Job Specific Trainings
- Flexible schedules for most positions
Circare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Circare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Circare expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Circare’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Applicants should submit a resume with a cover letter.