Full-time entry-level Health Information Management Assistant will provide general administrative support for Quality Assurance (QA) and Compliance department.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Scan, name, and attach documents to electronic medical records and perform quality checks at each step of the workflow.
- Conduct audits of client medical records to evaluate the presence/absence of required items, quality of record contents, and proper and effective use of evidence-based practices.
- Receive daily digest of client hospital visit alerts and distribute alerts to agency program staff.
- Assist in implementing QA and Compliance tools (e.g., satisfaction surveys, risk assessments).
- Provide medical record review reports to management.
- Assist in implementing and evaluating QA and Compliance initiatives, projects, policies, and procedures.
- Assist in collecting and interpreting data in support of QA and Compliance initiatives.
- Provide general administrative support and performs other related duties as requested.
- Provide coverage in agency reception.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Excellent computer skills, including intermediate level Excel and Windows 10 skills.
- Type a minimum of 50 words per minute (adjusted typing speed).
- Experience scanning and attaching documents to an electronic medical record preferred.
- Experience processing medical records or performing medical record reviews/audits preferred.
- Experience with quality assurance and/or corporate compliance activities or projects preferred.
- Earned Associates degree preferred.
- Profit-Sharing Plan/401K.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Paid Leave.
- Mileage Reimbursement.
- Job Specific Trainings.
Circare is a not for profit community-based agency located in Syracuse, New York. Circare supports individuals and their families who encounter barriers to their health and wellness, both physical and behavioral, to develop the resources to live a satisfying and naturally interdependent life. Our core value of providing person and family-centered services is embedded in all of our programs and promotes personal choice, respect for diversity, individuality, and community inclusiveness.
Circare expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Circare’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Applicants should submit a resume with a cover letter.