Circare is a not-for-profit community-based mental health agency located in Syracuse, New York. Circare programs are designed to help individuals and families, who have encountered certain obstacles, develop the resources and supports to live a satisfying, naturally independent life.
Full-time Quality Assurance (QA) Team Leader will lead and coordinate the work of —but not supervise— a team of Health Information Management Assistants and provide general support and assistance in the planning, design, implementation, and evaluation of QA and Corporate Compliance activities and projects.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the workflow of a team of Health Information Management Assistants to ensure work meets or exceeds established standards, is completed within established timeframes, and by established deadlines.
- Provide education, coaching, and training for QA Team.
- Assist in developing QA and Compliance policies, procedures, workflows, and tools.
- Assist in implementing and evaluating QA and Compliance activities and projects and collecting and interpreting data in support of QA and Compliance initiatives.
- Coordinate the agency’s medical records program including release of records and record retention.
- Receive daily digest of client hospital visit alerts and distribute alerts to agency program staff.
- Scan, name, and attach documents to electronic medical records and performs quality checks at each step of the workflow.
- Conduct audits of client medical records to evaluate the presence/absence of required items, quality of record contents, and proper and effective use of evidence-based practices.
- Provide general administrative support and perform other related duties as requested.
- Provide coverage in agency reception.
- High School diploma (or GED equivalent) and one or more years of relevant experience.
- Valid New York State Driver License.
- Excellent computer skills, including intermediate level Excel and Windows 10 skills.
- Experience coordinating or managing the workflow of a team.
- Experience assisting in the planning, design, implementation, and evaluation of activities or projects.
- Experience scanning and uploading documents to an electronic medical record.
- Experience processing medical records or performing medical record reviews/audits preferred.
- Experience with QA and/or corporate compliance activities or projects preferred.
- Associates degree and one or more years of relevant experience preferred.
- $15.50 per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Circare is an Equal Employment opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Profit Sharing Plan/401(k)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- EAP Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Leave
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Job Specific Trainings
- Flexible schedules for most positions
Circare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Circare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Circare expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Circare’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Applicants should submit a resume with a cover letter.